|Nothing is worse than having bad smelling boxing gloves. Smelly boxing gloves are horrible to deal with, and it's easy for them to become gross after a lot of use. Let's talk about some of the best fixes for this, and solve the smelly boxing glove issue.
How to Make Boxing Gloves Smell Better
The main way you can make your boxing gloves smell better is by cleaning them, which we will talk about later. Boxing glove smell shouldn't be an issue you have to deal with. There are also many other options you can go with when trying to make your gloves smell better aside from just cleaning your gloves. There are a lot of benefits to having fresh gloves. Your hands won't smell gross and you won't feel as dirty after you're done boxing if you use some of these tactics to freshen up your smell:
- When you're done boxing, air out your gloves. This is huge and a lot of people don't do this. This will greatly reduce the smell in your gloves. One of the best ways to do this is by placing your gloves in front of a fan after working out.
- Putting a dryer sheet in your gloves after use is a way to make your gloves smell better. All of the bad smell in your gloves will soak up in the dryer sheet after you box. Dryer sheets are a cheap way of reducing the smell in your gloves, and work like a charm!
- Wash your hands beforehand. This will make your gloves stay less smelly for a longer period of time. Think about it, if you put your dirty hands in the boxing gloves and then sweat a lot, you're really going to make your boxing gloves smell bad.
- Use boxing wraps if possible on your wrists. This won't stop all of your sweat, but can soak up a large amount of sweat that otherwise would have collected on the inside of your boxing gloves, making them smell worse.
- The material inside boxing gloves can also be a factor in the smell. If you purchase a cheap pair with bad material on the inside, then it's going to get gross sooner. This is why you should try your best to get a good pair of boxing gloves.