Best Ways to Make Your Ping Pong Paddle More Sticky
How to Test Ping Pong Paddle StickinessThe first thing you need to do before you go and make your ping pong paddle stickier is to measure the current stickiness of your paddle. One of the easiest ways to do this is to get a sheet of paper. After you do that, then stick your paddle to the paper. If the paddle sticks to the paper and you can move it around (with the paper still attached) then you have an ideal stickiness to your ping pong paddle. If you have a sticky paddle, then you're going to be able to get more grip on the ball when you're playing. More grip usually equals more speed, and this is going to allow you to take your game to the next level.
How to Make Ping Pong Paddle More StickyThere are quite a few ways for you to make your ping pong paddle more sticky. Here are a few that we can start with:
- Replace the Rubber - This isn't the most ideal method, but you should think about it. Replacing the rubber on your paddle is easy. A lot of people have their paddles for too long, and this makes them non-sticky over time. If your paddle is old then you should get a new paddle. However, if it's not old then just replace the rubber.
- Artist brush method - A method for you to make the paddle more sticky is for you to buy a brush, like the one painters use. Then, you're going to have to buy sunflower oil. Completely paint the sunflower oil onto the ping pong rubber. Let it dry, and then repeat the process a few times until you get the desired stickiness. The beauty about this is that you can do this as much as you want!
- Clean the paddle - Another good way for you to make your paddle sticky is by cleaning the paddle. This will get all the dust and excess material off of your paddle, and should bring back some of the original stickiness!
- Use a cover - You can find ping pong paddle covers which are supposed to be placed over your rubber when not in use. This allows your paddle to stay clean. Cleanliness is a major factor of what makes your paddle non-sticky. This is one of the best measures you can take to protect against dirtiness.
- Use glue - Before your games, you're allowed to apply a thin layer of glue. This should temporarily heighten the stickiness of your paddle for your match and allow you to play better. Be careful not to use too much though, because too much could hurt your game!
- Buy a good paddle - This is one of the easiest ways to have a sticky paddle. There's a huge quality difference when looking at paddles, and if you buy yourself a good paddle then you should avoid having issues with it for a long time.
Get A quote
Get in touch for a quote within 30 minutes